Foodie Life Update: Becoming a Vegetarian

Sooo it's been a little while since my last blog post and so I thought it was time for a little foodie life update as I've made quite a major change over the last few months in the form of becoming a vegetarian.

So, up until the end of July this year I'd been a meat-eater my whole life without ever really questioning it; however at the end of July, I reached a point where I just wasn't enjoying eating meat any more - I was literally just eating meat for the sake of it. I think the main turning point was when Adam and I went for a meal at our favourite barbecue restaurant and I found myself not enjoying the  plate of pulled pork sat in front of me. This used to be one of my favourite dishes so not enjoying my meal was kind of a big deal and in the week that followed, I found myself feeling generally put off eating meat dishes with the thought of it making my stomach churn. This then led me to question why I was eating meat in the first place if I didn't enjoy it any more. I also came to realise that I actually much prefer veg-centric, plant-based dishes anyway and so from around the end of July, I decided to give up eat meat and I haven't looked back since. So here I am now, three months later and still loving the veg life. I feel like my passion for food has reignited and I've discovered so many new favourite foods too. I'm definitely feeling a lot healthier for it and so far, I'm yet to miss or crave a meaty dish.

Anyway, I'm not here to try and convert the world to vegetarianism but just thought I'd provide this little update to explain that there's going to be a lot more talk of vegetables around here from now onwards and I'm looking forward to sharing lots of veggie dishes and places to eat as I discover them!

Jerk jackfruit at Roots & Fruits in Leeds


Comments

Popular Posts