Ultimate Guacamole: Recipe

It has become a bit of a tradition in my house that Saturday night is chilli night where we all sit around the table together with big bowls of warm, spicy goodness with plenty of nachos, dips and wine. One thing I am not a fan of though is shop-bought guacamole - you know the stuff that comes in a squeezy bottle? It's awful and what's more, it's full of artificial ingredients and preservatives that  really have no place in our food. Recently I've been experimenting with making my own and I was really surprised at how simple it is - there really is no excuse for buying it when it's this easy.

In my search for the ultimate guacamole, I found the most amazing recipe by The Guardian's Felicity Cloake. I've long been a fan of Cloake's recipes since discovering her 'how to cook the perfect...' series and she is now my first port of call whenever I need to find a recipe for something. I have adapted her recipe slightly to be more suited to a cooling accompaniment to what is often quite a spicy meal, however all credit goes to Felicity Cloake for coming up with this delicious recipe. It is quite possibly the best tasting guacamole I have ever had the pleasure of devouring. Here's how I make it...

Ingredients
2 spring onions, finely sliced
3 ripe avocados
1 medium tomato, finely diced
Juice of 1 lime
Large handful of coriander
Salt and pepper

1. Put a teaspoon each of the sliced spring onion, salt and coriander into the chopper attachment of a hand blender and pulse until it grinds into a rough paste
2. Cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and scoop out the flesh. Chop the avocados into cubes, add half into the chopper attachment and blend until smooth
3. Scrape the blended avocado mixture out of the chopper and transfer into a bowl
4. Stir in the remaining avocado as well as the diced tomato, the rest of the spring onion and the coriander
5. Gradually add in the lime juice until you are happy with the flavour, then season with salt and pepper to taste

Cover with cling film and store in the fridge until you are ready to serve

Recipe adapted from Felicity Cloake's article 'How to make perfect guacamole' for The Guardian

SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts